We at Mint Hill Self Storage strive to maintain your trust, so we want you to understand how we collect, use, and disclose your information. Our customers are our friends – not just data!
In general, we may receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. Such information Mint Hill Self Storage collects is categorized as Non-Personally Identifiable Information and Personally Identifiable Information.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-Personally Identifiable Information is information that does not personally identify you. Non-personally identifiable information may be derived from personally identifiable information by removing individual identities. Non-Personally Identifiable Information may also be aggregate information, or information without personally identifiable information that is used in the aggregate as a statistical measure. Mint Hill Self Storage may disclose and/or use this information for a variety of purposes.
Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information is information that personally identifies you as an individual. Examples include your name, address, telephone number, billing information or email address. Non-Personally Identifiable Information (such as information about your activity with our services or Site, or demographic information) is characterized as Personally Identifiable Information when it is linked to Personally Identifiable Information that identifies you.
What We Collect
We may collect the following Personally Identifiable Information:
- Profile/Account Information you provide, such as: name, address, telephone number, email address, and any information required for a military discount if applicable. Some of this information may be required while other information is optional.
- Information you provide when posting a review or comment, sending a message to or communicating with Mint Hill Self Storage (through any means existing or in the future), or participating in a contest or promotion. If a contest or promotion is co-branded or co-hosted with another entity, the collection, use, and sharing of such information may occur through Mint Hill Self Storage or the other entity.
- Information related to your use of the Site and internet activity, such as: your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type, the device used (computer, mobile device etc.), the device identifier if applicable, the web address visited prior to accessing the Site, and your activity on the Site.
- Information related to your interaction with Mint Hill Self Storage emails, such as: whether you open or click on an email and whether you forwarded the email.
- Information provided from third parties (social media services, commercially available sources, or business affiliates and partners etc.) such as your name, contact information, transaction and purchase/rental information, use of certain applications or your relationship with various products and service providers. For example, if you access or connect Mint Hill Self Storage through a social media platform, we may collect your user name, any information or content the social media platform provides (profile picture, email address or contact lists, information you made public through the platform etc.)
How We Collect It
Information collected by Mint Hill Self Storage may be directly provided by you, or collected passively through technologies like cookies, web beacons, pixels and clear GIFs. If enabled in your browser, cookies may be downloaded to the device you use to access the Site. They may deliver content and/or a user experience tailored to your preferences, or facilitate Site function. If you set your browser to not accept cookies (for assistance try the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar), your use of the Site may be impaired.
Web beacons, pixels, and clear GIFs are transparent image files that if allowed, provide Mint Hill Self Storage with some of your information, such as: website usage information, interaction with emails. Such technologies may be used in conjunction with cookies. Mint Hill Self Storage may also collect cookies from Site visitors in order to utilize third party online advertising. For more information or if you would like to opt out from third party advertising, visit the Network Advertising Initiative consumer opt-out page.
Why We Collect It
Information collection assists Mint Hill Self Storage in the administration and improvement of our business and the Site. Personally Identifiable Information may be used to:
- Provide and manage our services
- Deliver relevant content and recommendations
- Deliver relevant online advertising
- Enable social sharing functionality
- To contact you
- To protect our rights and the rights of others
Third parties, such as advertisers on the Site, may also collect information from you (such as by setting cookies on your device). Mint Hill Self Storage may not have any interaction with such information collection, nor control over such third-party passive information collection. Similarly, Mint Hill Self Storage may also receive information from third parties about you, including Personally Identifiable Information. Mint Hill Self Storage may combine such information with the information we collect about you, and such information once combined is subject to this Policy.
Who We May Share It With
Mint Hill Self Storage may share or disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties such as:
- Service Providers (data storage and processing facilities, payment processing etc.) in order to conduct Mint Hill Self Storage’s business.
- Third party, independent storage companies you interact with or conduct business with on the Site.
- Acquirers, successors, or assignees as appropriate in a business transaction such as a merger, acquisition, or bankruptcy.
- Other third parties as appropriate to protect our property, legal rights, and interests, or the property or rights of others, or as required by law.
Accessing Your Information & Your Choices
You can access and update your profile information by logging into your account on the Site.
You may unsubscribe from marketing emails. You may or may not be able to unsubscribe from transactional emails.
You may be able to request transactional information be sent to you by text message. If you participate in our text message system you will be able to opt out. Contact us at the telephone number provided below if you need assistance.
Please note that given a lack of industry standards regarding "do-not-track" (DNT) signals, Mint Hill Self Stoarge currently does not take action in response to these signals. In other words, if your browser transmits a DNT signal, we may continue tracking.
Mint Hill Self Storage takes reasonable measures to protect your personally identifiable information. However, you supply information at your own risk to Mint Hill Self Storage as data security measures cannot be guaranteed to be fully effective.
California law permits California residents to request certain information regarding Mint Hill Self Storage’s disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Mint Hill Self Storage does not disclose personally identifiable information to third parties for use in their direct marketing purposes.
Please contact us with any questions or comments.
Mint Hill Self Storage
11223 Blair Rd.
Mint Hill, NC 28227